How to use your lamp
- Stand your Lamp on a spill-resistant surface. Remove the snuffer-cap and stone/wick assembly. Using your funnel, fill your Lamp 2/3rd full with one of Ashleigh & Burwood’s Lamp Fragrances. Always keep the Lamp upright when filled to prevent spillage.
- Insert the stone/wick assembly into the lamp. Cover the stone with the snuffer-cap and allow the wick to soak for 20-30 minutes. If the stone is not covered the Lamp Fragrance will evaporate.
- Place your Lamp on a heat resistant surface, away from combustible materials. Remove the snuffer-cap and light the stone. Ensure the stone is sat firmly in the neck of the Lamp before lighting. Never leave a burning Lamp unattended.
- Blow out the flame after 2-3 minutes and place the decorative crown over the hot stone. Never cover the open flame with the crown or snuffer-cap.
- Enjoy the purifying benefits of your Fragrance Lamp for up to 30 minutes. The stone will remain hot (without a flame) as it continues to draw fragrance through the wick.
- After 30 minutes, ‘turn-off’ your Lamp by removing the decorative crown (Caution – it may be hot) and cover the hot stone with the snuffer-cap. This will stop the catalytic process and prevent the Lamp Fragrance from evaporating when the Lamp is not in use.
NOTE: The Lamps can be known as Catalytic Lamps, Catalytic Fragrance Lamps, Effusion Lamps, or simply as Fragrance Lamps.
We recommend when changing fragrances that you remove the wick from the Lamp and allow the wick to air-dry before placing into another fragrance.
We also recommend when using the Lamp, not to burn the Lamp until it runs dry as this can damage the wick.